Birthday Verses for your cards for all ages . . .
Hope you like what you read . . .
Be original, be funny or be sincere.
Say it in Verse and be remembered.
After a while these verses get a bit too many for one page,
So this is my Hub Page where ALL my FREE Birthday related verses, rhymes and poems live.
Maybe some stuff you didn't know about birthday's.
Many cultures have one or more coming of age birthdays:
- Jewish boys become bar mitzvah on their 13th birthday. Jewish girls girls become bat mitzvah on their 12th birthday, or sometimes on their 13th birthday.
- In North America, families often mark a girl's 16th birthday with a "sweet sixteen" celebration.
- In some Hispanic-American countries, as well as in Portuguese-speaking Brazil, the quinceanera (Spanish) or festa de quinze anos (Portuguese) celebration traditionally marks a girl's 15th birthday.
- In India, Hindu male children of some castes like Brahmins have the 12th or 13th birthday replaced with a grand "thread ceremony." The child takes a blessed thread and wears it, symbolizing his coming of age. This is called the Upanayana .
- In the Philippines, girls on their 18th birthday or boys on their 21st birthday celebrate a debut.
- In some Asian countries that follow the Zodiac calendar, there is a tradition of celebrating the 60th birthday.
- In Korea, many celebrate a traditional ceremony of Baek-il (Feast for the 100th day) and Doljanchi (child's first birthday).
- In Japan there is a Coming of Age Day, for all of those who have turned 20 years of age.
- In the UK cards from the Royal Family are sent to those celebrating their 100th and 105th birthday and every year thereafter.